Bridging the Gap
Guidelines for Bridging the Gap Tuition Assistance Fund Recipients
Financial aid is awarded on the basis of demonstrated need. The school utilizes FACTS Grant & Aid as a means to provide an objective analysis of each family’s financial position. Each family applying for tuition assistance must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Contact the Administrative Office Manager, Brenda Wichhart at (319)626-4777 or email@example.com for information on tuition assistance. The most current tax documentation will be needed to complete the application.
- Designate their intention to apply for financial aid on the tuition contract or re-enrollment form.
- Submit a tuition deposit for each student to secure the student’s placement in class. Tuition deposits will be held until awards are dispersed.
- Designate, in writing, within two weeks of receiving the notification, whether or not the award will be accepted; unclaimed funds will be redistributed to other families needing assistance.
- Once confirmation of acceptance is received, tuition deposits will be cashed.
- Typically, awards will not exceed 50% of the annual FACTS Grant & Aid recommendation. However, if a family’s award is less than 50% of the annual FACTS Grant & Aid recommendation and there has been a significant change in income status, an appeal may be submitted to the Board of Directors. During the appeals process, a family must present evidence of financial need that may not be represented in the FACTS Grant and Aid application process.
Guidelines for Bridging the Gap Tuition Assistance Fund Donors
- Heritage Christian School is a 501 c (3) non-profit corporation under IRS law, meaning contributions are likely tax deductible.
- Donors may not indicate a specific family as recipient of a gift; should a donor choose to indicate a specific family as the recipient, the donor relinquishes the opportunity to claim the gift as a charitable contribution, meaning the gift is not tax deductible.
*Families must re-apply for financial aid annually*