News Archives - Heritage Christian School
Tuesday, December 18, 2017 – Christmas Concert – 7-8pm
Time for Arrival (Students): 6:30pm
Grade levels: All Heritage Singers (2nd-8th) and Band students
What should students wear for this event?
Students who are performing either in the Heritage Singers or the Band should dress in concert dress:
- Pants: Khaki pants or dress slacks
- Shirt: Collared shirt (Button down is preferred)
- Dress shoes or sandals (no beach style flip-flops and no tennis shoes)
- Dress, skirt or dress slacks: Dresses must be within dress code for length and the width of shoulder
- Dress shoes or sandals (no beach-style flip-flops or tennis shoes)
Heritage Singers Dress Rehearsal
The traditional Christmas Concert rehearsal for 2nd-8th grade Heritage Singers this year will be on Tuesday morning, Dec. 18 from 8:45 AM to 11:30 AM. The Before School Program and PK-1st grade will resume as scheduled.
What about parking?
As the school community grows, parking has become a real issue. It is highly recommended that those
desiring to attend carpool as much as possible. It is permissible to park along the curb that borders the
retention basin. Please be mindful when parking on the streets to avoid those areas where parking is
When I get to school, where should my children go?
All Heritage Singers should report to their homeroom
classrooms. Band students should report to the gymnasium. Children not performing should remain with
What should I do if I bring one of my younger children to the concert and they get restless?
Don’t be embarrassed as you will probably be in good company. If you have a young one who gets tired of the musical
performance, please step out of the gym so as not to distract others who are listening. Feel free to return once your child is ready.
Heritage Christian School pre-kindergarten serves families in the North Liberty, Coralville and Iowa City Area. Four and five-year-olds become comfortable in the classroom setting under the instruction of certified teachers that are passionate about teaching and nurturing each child as they prepare for the transition into kindergarten. More information can be found on our pre-k page.
Heritage parents shared this with us on a survey about the 2014-2015 pre-K school year:
“It has been very structured and the kids know what to expect each day. We like the encouragement from our teacher and the way we have seen our child grow this year. We really appreciate the intentional focus on making Christ Lord over every aspect of creation, which includes education!”
“There is a genuine love for the Lord from the teachers, staff, and community that is truly evident.”
“I appreciate that the Pre-K program is structured more like a Kindergarten program than a preschool. My son has learned so much more at Heritage than he would have at another preschool.”
“Heritage Pre-K reinforces what we teach.”
8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Financial Aid is available for up for 50% of tuition. More Info
Before and After School Program
Prekindergarten After School Program: Prekindergartners stay in their classroom with Mrs. Peters until 3:25 PM, and then transition into the All-School Before and After School Program.
Before and After School Program: Students may be dropped off as early as 7:00 AM and may stay as late as 5:30 PM.
The following is critical information related to how the school operates during inclement weather. There are three scenarios in which the normal school day may be adjusted:
- School delay or “late start” — When a late start is determined, classes will begin at 10 a.m. Most other schools delay by two hours. Our delay is always 90 minutes. When a late start is determined students should arrive to school no earlier than 9:45 a.m. If there is a delayed start due to weather, the Before and After School Program is always cancelled. Late start has potential to become a full-day school cancellation.
- School cancellation — Continue to watch the media after determination of late start is made.
- Early dismissal — Parents will receive a text through Parent Alert by the school office to inform them of the time school will be dismissed.
All cancellations, late starts and early dismissals will be announced through a text message via Parent Alert and in the media. Channels to watch or websites to check are KCRG 9, KWWL 7 and KGAN 2. We recommend you first check the media’s website under school cancellations. To make sure early dismissal runs smoothly, please make sure the office has current home, cell and work numbers along with emergency contact information. Call the school at 626-4777 with any updates. Always know if weather conditions deteriorate during the day and you are concerned about road conditions, you are welcome to pick up your child early. If you have questions related to inclement weather and how it affects the school day, please call the office. To assist you in knowing about school cancellations, KCRG offers the following FREE service that will alert you with Heritage school cancellations, delays and late starts. Sign up at www.KCRG.com by clicking on “MOBILE” in the upper left corner and scrolling to the bottom of the page where it says “TEXT Alerts Free.” Fill out the page and click “Submit”
Winter Recess Information:
- Pre-kindergarten students do not go outside for recess during the winter season
- Recess is inside for all students when the windchill is below 0
- Heritage uses weather.com for current temperature and all other weather information
- If the temperature is to be at or above 0 degrees Farehheit please remember to send your children to school with the following winter attire: winter coat, mittens/gloves, hat, scarf, boots (if snow on the ground)
- If there is snow on the ground and students do not bring winter boots, they will not be allowed in the snow, but be required to stay on the sidewalk during outside recess
Operation Christmas Child (sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse) helps provide for needy children worldwide and is a great opportunity to give out of the abundance that God has given to us. This year, each class will be filling two shoeboxes to send, and collections will take place between October 22 and November 9. Here’s how you can help:
- Each class will fill two shoeboxes (one for a girl and one for a boy)
- We are asking every Heritage student to bring in $1-$2 (or MORE to cover for those students that don’t bring money in) to help cover the shipping and handling cost ($9 for each shoebox).
- Ideas for what to include in shoeboxes can be found at https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/what-goes-in-my-shoebox-suggestions/
- Donate any of the following items by bringing them to the school (check your child’s classroom newsletter for details):
- SMALL toys (that can fit in a small shoebox) – small cars, dolls, stuffed animals, yo-yos, jump ropes, toys that light-up or make noise, etc. PLEASE, NO WAR-RELATED TOYS OR BREAKABLE ITEMS.
- School supplies – pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, coloring books, writing pads or paper, solar calculators
- Hygiene items – toothbrush, mild bar soap, comb, brush, washcloths, etc. (NO TOOTHPASTE)
- Other miscellaneous items that a child would enjoy – watches, picture books (no words), sunglasses, flashlights (with extra batteries), ball caps, socks, T-shirts, hair clips, etc. (NO CANDY OR FOOD of any kind!)
- DO NOT INCLUDE: USED OR DAMAGED ITEMS, WAR-RELATED ITEMS, CANDY OR FOOD, TOOTHPASTE, LIQUIDS OR LOTIONS, MEDICATIONS OR VITAMINS, BREAKABLE ITEMS SUCH AS GLASS, OR AEROSOL CANS
- Please note that we will NOT ACCEPT TOOTHPASTE or CANDY/FOOD
When: Friday, November 9, 9:45-11am
Where: Heritage Christian School (255 Hackberry St, North Liberty, IA 52317)
Heritage Christian School is hosting our Veterans Day Celebration on Friday, November 9 from 9:45am-11:15am. As part of an annual tradition, community members and parents join the students and staff of Heritage Christian School to honor and thank present and past members of the United States Armed Forces. Classes are suspended for the day as the entire school participates in the half-day program. The program features instrumental and choral performances, an Armed Forces Salute, presentation of the colors by the University of Iowa Army ROTC, a speech by Iowa Air National Guardsman and Heritage parent, Josh Nimmo, and personal recognition of all veterans present at the event. At the end of the event, each Heritage student shakes the hand of each veteran in attendance, thanking them for their service. It is a very memorable and special event that you will not want to miss.
Comments and questions can be directed to Michael Annis, Heritage Christian School Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org, 319-626-4777
Wednesday, September 26
We are excited to rally with the global student population for God’s will to be done in this school, city, state, nation and world. Please join us Wednesday, September 27 at 7:45 a.m. around the flagpole for the HCS event. Parents, this is a great opportunity to pray with your children, their classmates and other parents.
Here are a few links that will be helpful throughout the school year. You can download all calendars, documents, schedules and handbooks right from this page.
All School Information:
- 2018-2019 Heritage Christian School Calendar: important dates listed including holiday breaks, Grandparents Day, half days, and more.
- Parent Student Handbook: Refer to the handbook for information on school policy such as dress code, discipline, lost and found, etc. There is a very informative “Special Events Guide” in the back of the handbook explaining a variety of school events that are held throughout the year.
- Supply Lists
- RenWeb Instructions: All lunch orders must be placed online. Payment can be made online or in cash/check in the office. RenWeb instructions will guide you through the process of creating an account and ordering lunches.
- August Lunch Menu
- September Lunch Menu
Before and After School Program
The Heritage Christian School office will be open for visits and phone calls on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am-2pm during the summer months. Our normal hours will begin again in mid August.
Heritage Christian School Office:
Talent Show – May 30, 2018, 9:00am
- Parents are responsible for transporting their students to and from the talent show auditions. Anyone without a ride will be sent to after school care and charged accordingly. Students normally in after school care will not be dismissed unless they have signed up on the audition sheet.
- Students will be signing up for an audition day, not a specific time. Students must sign up during week of sign-ups.
- No lip syncing.
- 3 ½ minutes time limit for solo acts and 5 minute time limit for a group.
- All acts must be approved during one of the two tryout days.