Operation Christmas Child 2017
Operation Christmas Child (sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse) helps provide for needy children worldwide and is a great opportunity to give out of the abundance that God has given to us. This year, each class will be filling two shoeboxes to send, and collections will take place between October 23rd and November 10th. Here’s how you can help:
- Each class will fill two shoeboxes (one for a girl and one for a boy)
- We are asking every Heritage student to bring in $1-$2 (or MORE to cover for those students that don’t bring money in) to help cover the shipping and handling cost ($9 for each shoebox).
- Donate any of the following items by bringing them to the school (check your child’s classroom newsletter for details):
- SMALL toys (that can fit in a small shoebox) – small cars, dolls, stuffed animals, yo-yos, jump ropes, toys that light-up or make noise, etc. PLEASE, NO WAR-RELATED TOYS OR BREAKABLE ITEMS.
- School supplies – pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, coloring books, writing pads or paper, solar calculators
- Hygiene items – toothbrush, mild bar soap, comb, brush, washcloths, etc. (NO TOOTHPASTE)
- Other miscellaneous items that a child would enjoy – watches, picture books (no words), sunglasses, flashlights (with extra batteries), ball caps, socks, T-shirts, hair clips, etc. (NO CANDY OR FOOD of any kind!)
- DO NOT INCLUDE: USED OR DAMAGED ITEMS, WAR-RELATED ITEMS, CANDY OR FOOD, TOOTHPASTE, LIQUIDS OR LOTIONS, MEDICATIONS OR VITAMINS, BREAKABLE ITEMS SUCH AS GLASS, OR AEROSOL CANS
- Please note that we will NOT ACCEPT TOOTHPASTE or CANDY/FOOD